June, 2012—Crime Beat: Issues, Controversies and Personalities from the Darkside on Artist First World Radio Network is pleased to announce its forthcoming schedule for May 31, 2012, through August 2, 2012. Topics covered include Sammy “The Bull" Gravano, Mickey Cohen, the Sharon Tate murder, the Godfather saga, and more.
Here's the line-up:
- June 7— In a command appearance, writer Tony DeStefano discusses his chilling investigation and book, Mob Killer: The Bloody Rampage of Charles Carneglia, Mafia Hitman for the notorious and deadly Gambino Crime Family.
- June 14— Karen Gravano, the daughter of Sammy “the Bull” Gravano, talks about her best-selling autobiography, Mob Daughter: The Mafia, Sammy the Bull Gravano and Me.
- June 21— Investigator William Dear discusses his explosive book, O.J. is Innocent and I Can Prove It.
- June 28— Tere Tereba discusses her book, Mickey Cohen: The Life and Crimes of L.A.'s Notorious Mobster, and provides insight into the history of the LA crime scene. Also, officials of the Poker Players Alliance discuss recent developments affecting online gambling.
- July 5 The documentary film show— Tommy Reid discusses his doc, Superthief, a captivating firsthand look at the life of Phil Christopher, a career criminal, Cleveland native, Mafia associate and one of the most successful bank burglars in U.S. history. Also director Yurij Luchovy discusses his doc, Genocide Revealed, the little known story of Joseph Stalin, the Soviet Union and the Ukrainian holocaust.
- July 12 The Fiction Show— Ed Falco discusses his prequel to the Godfather book, The Family Corleone, one of this year’s major literary events. Also popular crime fiction writer Jon Land discusses his just released novel, Strong Vengeance.
- July 19— Noted forensic psychiatrist Dr. Michael Stone discusses mass murderer, Anders Behring Breivik, and his murder rampage in Norway in the summer of 2011. Also, Alison Statman and Brie Tate discuss their best-selling book, Restless Souls: The Sharon Tate Family's Account of Stardom, the Manson Murders, and a Crusade for Justice.
- July 26— Richard Muti and Charles Buckley, authors of The Charmer discuss the true story of Robert Reldan, rapist, murderer and millionaire, and the Women who Fell Victim to his Allure.
- August 2— In a command appearance, Howard Campbell discusses his book Drug War Zone: Frontline Dispatches from the Streets of El Paso and Juárez.
On the air since January 28, 2011, Crime Beat is a weekly hour-long radio program that airs every Thursday at 8 p.m. EST. Crime Beat presents fascinating topics that bring listeners closer to the dynamic underbelly of the world of crime.
Guests have included ex- mobsters, undercover law enforcement agents, sports officials, informants, prisoners, drug dealers and investigative journalists, who have provided insights and fresh information about the world’s most fascinating subject: crime.
Crime Beat is currently averaging 130,000 listeners plus each week, and the figure is growing. Crime Beat is hosted by award-winning crime writer and documentary producer Ron Chepesiuk (www.ronchepesiuk.com) and broadcast journalist and freelance writer Will Hryb.
Ronald Herd II, the popular Internet radio host and regular listener of Crime Beat, said: "Crime Beat sounds like an organized crime greatest hits collection...I am loving it!" Tom Hart of Atlanta, Georgia, writes: “I am a BIG fan of your show and enjoy the variety of guests you have on your show.. “Keep up the good work.”
For more information or to listen to the archives of Crime Beat, go to the Artist First Worldwide Radio Network at www.artistfirst.com.
To contact the Crime Beat radio program for interviews, e-mail email@example.com or call 803-366-5440.