It’s been almost thirty years ago that Chicago mobster Anthony “The Ant” Spilotro was found beaten to death and buried in a shallow grave in a cornfield in Indiana. To… celebrate (?) this anniversary The Mob Museum in Las Vegas is holding an interview with Spilotro’s friend and associate Frank Cullotta to talk about his criminal escapades in Chicago and Las Vegas and how Spilotro was portrayed in the movie Casino.
Cullotta is a childhood friend of Spilotro and eventually became part of his Las Vegas crew, known as The Hole in the Wall Gang. Faced with a hefty prison sentence, Cullotta decided to testify against his colleagues to earn his freedom.
After his release from prison, he became an on-set consultant on Martin Scorsese’s mob flick Casino, in which he went on to actually act in scenes depicting the kind of things he himself was involved in during his days as a Mafia hitman.
He also wrote a book about his life titled Cullotta: The life of a Chicago Criminal, Las Vegas mobster and government witness and is currently guiding tourists along all of the infamous Las Vegas hotspots where Spilotro used to conduct his business.
The interview takes place on June 14 at 7 p.m. and is free for Museum Members and free with Museum admission. It can also be watched online via Livestream on the museum’s website.
Get the latest on organized crime and the Mafia at Gangsters Inc.'s news section.
Follow Gangsters Inc. on Twitter
Like Gangsters Inc. on Facebook
If you enjoyed this article you might also enjoy reading:
- INTERVIEW: John Gotti Jr. sits down with Gangsters Inc.
- Top 4 stone cold gangsters who look like swimps
- How Meyer Lansky laundered the Mafia's dirty money - and made them bigger than US Steel
- Mafia traitor Tommaso Buscetta's life story to hit big screen
- Very Bad Men: How Jewish Racketeers Beat the System
- Santo Trafficante: Building the Family Business
- Ten Must-Visit Mob Bars and Lounges
- Sound of Silence: How the Sicilian Mafia communicates
- My loving dad was a gangster and Bugsy Siegel's close friend
- The Message: Don't fuck with Tony Accardo
- The American Mafia bets on the world and wins big
- How Bonanno goodfellas whacked Lufthansa heist loot
- Sicilian Mafia travel guide reveals island's underworld
- The humble origins of Lucky Luciano and Joe Masseria
- Gangsters Inc. sits down with FBI agent Jack Garcia
- The Man Who Stole the French Connection
- Top 5 of true stand up wiseguys
- Cops make the deadliest Mafia hitmen
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.