Paul Enrique Rivera, nicknamed “Oso,” who was wanted by the FBI on a charge of violent crimes in aid of racketeering and murder conspiracy, was arrested by the Albuquerque Police Department on Sunday.
The 44-year-old was wanted in connection with a multi-agency operation targeting the Syndicato de Nuevo Mexico (SNM) Prison Gang.
Three teams from the New Mexico Probation and Parole Division conducted an inspection of 11 identified SNM members currently on state probation, while the New Mexico Corrections Department locked down three of its facilities to conduct cell searches of SNM members in custody.
The operation was Phase II of Operation Atonement, in which more than 40 SNM members and associates were indicted and arrested in December 2015.
Two other fugitives are still at large. Anyone who knows the whereabouts of these fugitives can contact the FBI (24 hours) at 505-889-1300 or send tips to https://tips.fbi.gov.
Get the latest on organized crime and the Mafia first at the Gangsters Inc. news section.
If you enjoyed this article you might also enjoy reading:
- MOVIE TRAILER: The Infiltrator, Walter White takes on Pablo Escobar
- The real "Heisenberg" hails from North Korea
- Breaking Bad comes to The Mob Museum in Las Vegas
- Better Call Saul? Here's our top 5 mob lawyers
- Mexican drug boss El Chapo Guzman recaptured
- Gangsters Inc. sits down with John Gotti Jr.
- Mexican cartels tighten iron grip on US drug markets
- Top 5 drug lords killed while on the run
- Did El Chapo put a $100 million bounty on Trump or not?
- How ATF's Fast and Furious crashed and burned
- New map shows mob social clubs in New York
- Spotlight on Tampa Mafia with tour and magazine
- How Bonanno goodfellas whacked Lufthansa heist loot
- Sicilian Mafia travel guide reveals island's underworld
- Gangsters Inc. sits down with FBI agent Jack Garcia
- The Man Who Stole the French Connection
- The Facts Behind The Kansas City Mob Depicted In Fargo
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.