Film director Michael Mann is teaming up with bestselling author Don Winslow to co-create an original novel about Chicago Outfit mob bosses Anthony Accardo and Sam Giancana. The novel will in turn be developed into a feature movie by Mann.
This news will delight fans of gangster movies as Mann has produced some of the best films and series in the genre. His resume includes Heat, Public Enemies, Thief, and Miami Vice. Winslow, meanwhile, is riding high off the success of his book The Cartel.
According to Deadline, “Winslow will begin work late spring on this, after delivering his next book. Discussions with publishers will begin shortly and the book will be released in 2017.”
Anthony Accardo and Sam Giancana were among America’s most infamous and powerful Mafia bosses. Their connections ran all the way to the White House and governmental agencies such as the CIA.
Though Giancana’s issues with the Kennedys and his role in the CIA’s plans to assassinate Cuban leader Fidel Castro are well documented, less is known about Accardo, who kept a low profile throughout his long and illustrious career. Starting out as muscle for none other than Al Capone, Accardo eventually became one of America’s smartest and longest reigning Mafia bosses.
Their lives should present fans of crime stories with a mind-blowing novel. Mann might even uncover some untold stories. Interestingly, he has acquired rights and previously undisclosed material from the Accardo family.
We at Gangsters Inc. can’t wait to see what Mann and Winslow dig up.
Get the latest on organized crime and the Mafia at Gangsters Inc.'s news section.
If you enjoyed this article you might also enjoy reading:
- INTERVIEW: John Gotti Jr. sits down with Gangsters Inc.
- My loving dad was a gangster and Bugsy Siegel's close friend
- The Message: Don't fuck with Tony Accardo
- The American Mafia bets on the world and wins big
- How Bonanno goodfellas whacked Lufthansa heist loot
- Sicilian Mafia travel guide reveals island's underworld
- The humble origins of Lucky Luciano and Joe Masseria
- Give a Man a Gun: The story of Carmine DiBiase
- The scoop on the man who brought down Genovese
- Gangsters Inc. sits down with FBI agent Jack Garcia
- The Man Who Stole the French Connection
- Top 5 of true stand up wiseguys
- Cops make the deadliest Mafia hitmen
- Joe Barboza: Boston Barbarian
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.