Karen Gravano (photo below) hopes that Donald Trump becomes the next President of the United States. Why? Well, the star of VH1’s Mob Wives thinks the billionaire businessman would be her father Sammy the Bull’s best chance to get out of prison early. “All I can say is maybe he can give his old friend Sammy a fuckin’ pardon,” she told the New York Daily News today.
Salvatore “Sammy the Bull” Gravano is currently doing a 20-year sentence for running an ecstasy ring in Arizona while he was in the Witness Protection Program after going from Gambino crime family underboss to mob rat in the 1990s. He’s due to be released in 2019.
The former mobster and Donald Trump are not friends. In fact, Karen isn’t even certain the two ever met when both roamed the streets of New York. In a statement, Trump writes he doesn’t know any Salvatore Gravano nor, “to his knowledge,” has he ever met him.
However, back when Trump was involved in real estate and casinos in New York and New Jersey he did come in contact with plenty of mobsters. How could he not? The Mafia virtually controlled construction in the New York area up until the 1990s.
As he continues winning primary after primary, Trump has come under more scrutiny as his political rivals seek to end his winning streak. Stories about his mob connections have always dogged Trump, but never before with this intensity.
Mob ties or not, it is very unlikely Trump would pardon Gravano, a mobster who turned on his colleagues, confessed to 19 murders, and continued his life of crime under the umbrella of the federal government’s Witness Protection Program by dealing ecstasy to teenagers.
Get the latest on organized crime and the Mafia at Gangsters Inc.'s news section.
If you enjoyed this article you might also enjoy reading:
- INTERVIEW: John Gotti Jr. sits down with Gangsters Inc.
- Website shows Europe's "Most Wanted Fugitives"
- The making of mob boss Whitey Bulger
- The trial of Goodfellas mobster Vincent Asaro
- The Canadian Connection: Flooding the US with dope
- The Russian Mob in Miami
- New Jersey DeCavalcante family boss John Riggi dies
- How the Sicilian Mafia flooded the US with heroin
- How Bonanno goodfellas whacked Lufthansa heist loot
- The Man Who Stole the French Connection
- Death in the Afternoon: The Story of Carmine Galante
Copyright © Gangsters Inc.