Crime Beat Radio has released its new upcoming schedule! Hosts Ron Chepesiuk and Will Hryb have got two new months filled to the brim with interesting guests for your listening pleasure. If you have missed an episode, you can go to the Crime Beat Radio website and listen to all of their old and recent episodes.
Topics covered include Noam Chomsky on international crime, Whitey Bulger, the American Sniper, drug kingpin Frank Matthews, Joren Van der Sloot and Natalie Holloway and more. Here is the lineup:
- March 15—Noted crime writer Anthony Bruno will discuss his book, Ice Man, the story of mafia hit man Richard Kuklinsky. The book is being made into a movie.
- March 22—Journalist David J. Krajicek will discuss his book Gotti and Me: A Crime Reporter’s Close Encounters with the New York Mafia. Also, there is a command appearance by Deidre Capone grand niece of famous gangster Al Capone and author of the best-selling Uncle Al Capone: The Untold Story from Inside his Family.
- March 29—Noam Chomsky, one of the world’s most famous activists, will discuss U.S. foreign policy, human rights and international crime. By the 1980's Noam Chomsky had become both the most distinguished figure of American linguistics and one of the most influential left-wing critics of American foreign policy. Chomsky is said to be the most frequently-cited person alive, and one of the eight most frequently-cited authors of all time.
- April 5—Lisa Pulitzer and Cole Thompson, authors of Portrait of a Monster, will discuss the infamous Joren van der Sloot and the Natalie Holloway mystery.
- April 12—Chris Kyle, the subject of the Amazon number one best selling book, American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History, will discuss his life and military career.
- April 19—Authors Joe Land and Robert Fitzpatrick will discuss their book, Betrayal: Whitey Bulger and the FBI Agent Who Fought to Bring Him Down.
- April 26—Frank Matthews, Part 1—filmmakers Ron Chepesiuk and Al Profit and sources from their documentary, The Frank Matthews Story, will discuss the life and criminal career of Frank Matthews America’s biggest kingpin.
- May 3—Frank Matthews, Part 2—filmmakers Ron Chepesiuk and Al Profit and sources from their documentary, The Frank Matthews Story, will discuss the amazing disappearance of Frank Matthews, organized crime’s biggest mystery.
- May 10 Linda Schiro, who appeared on television’s I Married a Mobster, discusses her life as the daughter of mobster Greg Scarpa. Also author Malcolm Kushner discusses his book, Official Book of Mob Humor.
- May 17—Mark Silverman and Scott Deitche, authors of Rogue Mobster, discuss Silverman’s life in the Boston Mob, and J. Patrick O’Connor, author of Scapegoat discusses California’s Chino Hills Murders and the Framing of Kevin Cooper. A special guest appearance by former mob wife Lynda Molito.
- May 24 A command appearance by the controversial marijuana legalization activist Robert Edward Forchion (aka The NJWeedman).
On the air since January 28, 2011, Crime Beat is a weekly hour-long radio program that airs every Thursday at 8 p.m. EST. Crime Beat presents fascinating topics that bring listeners closer to the dynamic underbelly of the world of crime. Guests have included ex- mobsters, undercover law enforcement agents, sports officials, informants, prisoners, drug dealers and investigative journalists, who have provided insights and fresh information about the world’s most fascinating subject: crime.
Crime Beat is currently averaging 100,000 listeners plus each week, and the figure is growing. Crime Beat is hosted by award-winning crime writer and documentary producer Ron Chepesiuk (www.ronchepesiuk.com) and broadcast journalist and freelance writer Will Hryb.
Ronald Herd I1, the popular Internet radio host and regular listener of Crime Beat, said: "Crime Beat sounds like an organized crime greatest hits collection...I am loving it!" Tom Hart of Atlanta, Georgia, writes: “I am a BIG fan of your show and enjoy the variety of guests you have on your show.. “Keep up the good work.”