Crime Beat: Issues, Controversies and Personalities from the Darkside has been programming since January 28 of this year and is currently averaging 70,000 listeners plus each week, and the figure is growing.
Crime Beat is now pleased to announce its forthcoming schedule for the period from July 14 to September 2, 2011: Topics covered include lynching, snitching, serial killers, Chicago gangs, Boston organized crime, pimping and police corruption, among others.
- July14—Ann Wood, award-winning author of Lynching and Spectacle, discusses racial violence in American history
- July 21—Alexandra Nabitoff, the author of Snitching: Criminal Informants and the Erosion of American Justice, discusses how justice in America is often not done but sold
- July 28—Sean Griffin, author of Gaming the Games, discusses the story behind the NBA Betting Scandal and the gambler who made it happen
- August 4—Lance Williams, author of The Almighty Black P Stone nation discusses the rise, fall and resurgence of one of America’s major gangs
- August 11—Bobby Martini, author of Citizen Somerville: Growing Up with the Winter Hill Gang, discusses gangster life in Boston
- August 18—Dr. Michael Stone, author of Anatomy of Evil and world renowned expert on serial killers takes us inside the minds of a serial killers
- August 25—Louis Diaz, author of Dancing with the Devil and retired DEA agent takes us inside some of his biggest undercover operations
- September 1—Scott Wilson, co-author of Straight from the Hood: Amazing but True Gangster Tales, and Michael Mickman Gourdine, author of Chili Pimping in Atlantic City: The Memoir of a Small-Time Pimp.
Crime Beat is a weekly hour-long radio program and airs every Thursday from 9 and 10 EST. Beginning with the May 5 program the show moves to the 8pm-9pm EST time slot on the Artist First World radio Network. Crime Beat presents fascinating topics that bring listeners closer to the dynamic underbelly of the world of crime. Guests have included ex-mobsters, undercover law enforcement agents, sports officials, informants, prisoners, drug dealers and investigative journalists, who have provided insights and fresh information about the world’s most fascinating subject: crime.
Crime Beat is hosted by award-winning crime writer Ron Chepesiuk
) and broadcast journalist and freelance writer Willie Hryb
. Ronald Herd 11, the popular Internet radio host and regular listener of Crime Beat, said "Crime Beatsounds like an organized crime greatest hits collection...I am loving it!"
“I am a BIG fan of your show and enjoy the variety of guests you have on your show,” writes Tom Hart of Atlanta Georgia.
For more information, go to the Artist First Worldwide Radio Network at www.artistfirst.com. To contact the Crime Beat radio program, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.